Saturday, November 3, 2012

BuzzFeed - Latest: Harrowing Note Found In The Aftermath Of Sandy

BuzzFeed - Latest
BuzzFeed, Find Your New Favorite Thing
thumbnail Harrowing Note Found In The Aftermath Of Sandy
Nov 3rd 2012, 18:59

“I don't think I'm going to make it.”

This note was found in a New Jersey home in the aftermath of the storm...

This note was found in a New Jersey home in the aftermath of the storm...

Via: wobm.com

Who ever reads this I'M IN THE DARK AS I'M WRITING THIS I'M DIEING – I’m 28 yrs old my name is Mike. I had to break in to your house. I took blankets off the couch. I have hypothermia. I didn’t take any thing. A wave thru me our of my house down the block. I don’t think I’m going to make it. The water outside is 10ft deep at least. There’s no res[c]ue. Tell my dad I love him and I tryed get[t]ing out. His number is ###-###-#### his name is Tony. I hope u can read this I’m in the dark. I took a black jacket too. Goodbye. God all mighty help me.

Via: wobm.com

"I decided to give it one more try before I got on the air, and someone picked up. It ended up being Tony. I told him that I’d been given a note, and right away he said 'yeah, that’s my son Mike, he’s here. Would you like to talk to him?'"

Read the interview that followed

Mike says that he survived after being in the water for four hours. He tried to swim back to his house, which was completely flooded, and found his way into a neighbor's home where he warmed himself with whatever he could find. He says he didn't take anything from the house, and eventually a kind stranger with a waverunner found him and took him in until he was able to be reunited with his family.

Media files:
enhanced-buzz-25830-1351875476-1.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment