Friday, August 17, 2012

BuzzFeed - Latest: Ice And Spice Your Beer!

BuzzFeed - Latest
BuzzFeed, Find Your New Favorite Thing
thumbnail Ice And Spice Your Beer!
Aug 17th 2012, 21:02

Today in drinks you can make exclusively with bodega-bought ingredients: the Michelada.

The day before a wedding I went to in Mexico, the bride and groom hosted a party that closely resembled a poolside episode of MTV's The Grind in the best way possible. It was hot — and well, hot. (August, Mexico, you do the math.) And no matter how quickly I drank my Sols, they kept getting unappetizingly warm before I was done.

It's not even pretending to be cold.

Source: whippedtheblog.com  /  via: http://Whipped%20the%20Blog

After downing a couple tepid bottles, I got out of the pool, padded into the kitchen, and took action. I grabbed a keg cup, filled it with ice, poured my beer over the top, squeezed in a few tiny limes, added a dash of hot sauce, and shook some red seasoned salt on top. What I had was almost a Michelada.

A Michelada, I later learned, is supposed to have some sort of tomato juice, while a Chelada doesn't. But even the New York Times Magazine acknowledges this drink is not wed to precision. I refined the recipe upon my return to New York.


View Entire List ›

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment