Wednesday, August 15, 2012

BuzzFeed - Latest: Hillary Clinton Can't Wait For Chelsea To Have Kids

BuzzFeed - Latest
BuzzFeed, Find Your New Favorite Thing
thumbnail Hillary Clinton Can't Wait For Chelsea To Have Kids
Aug 15th 2012, 17:17

Apparently she jokes about it in that way that's like “I don't really care,” when it's pretty clear she does. All together now: awwww .

Source: media.vogue.com

From Vogue's lengthy September issue profile of Chelsea:

Lately, Chelsea Clinton has been deadpanning jokes about how impatient her mother is for grandchildren. She lands the best one like a Vegas pro at the Vital Voices gala at the Kennedy Center in early June, the first event in fifteen years at which Hillary, the organization’s founder, couldn’t be present (Azerbaijan). “I am proud of my mom for many, many reasons,” says Chelsea, in sleeveless black Chanel, “but one of the reasons that I’m chiefly proud of her is the legacy that she will leave as secretary of State. That women’s voices won’t only be a vital part of how America is seen around the world, but a central part of how we . . . try to build a better world for—if she were here she would say—the grandchildren she hopes to have.” The comedy was all in the timing, and she brought down the house.

When I ask later if the joke is true, Chelsea says, “Yes, but in the most loving sense. She always tells me it was the greatest thing that ever happened to her. And as the subject of such an amazing compliment, I can’t do anything but be grateful and smile and say that I’m confident that I will feel the same way when I am so blessed. It’s certainly something that Marc and I talk a lot about. I always knew I was the center of my parents’ lives when I was growing up. And I am determined that our children feel the same way. Marc and I are both working really hard right now, but I think in a couple of years, hopefully . . . literally, God willing. And I hope my mom can wait that long.”

Via: vogue.com

Media files:
enhanced-buzz-17545-1345039266-1.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment