Wednesday, September 5, 2012

BuzzFeed - Latest: Clevelanders Can't Do Math

BuzzFeed - Latest
BuzzFeed, Find Your New Favorite Thing
thumbnail Clevelanders Can't Do Math
Sep 5th 2012, 17:32

I grew up there, so I know they have schools, but you wouldn't know it from this.

I grew up in Cleveland. I love Cleveland. Even when the rest of the world is laughing at it for pathetically adopting teams in the NBA Finals, or looking like a "Scooby Doo ghost town", or having "sports" teams, I defend my hometown with a blind and near-religious ferver. It's like having a little sibling. I can make fun of it, but no one else can.

All that said, I cannot defend this.

Cleveland's Progressive Field featured these "deals" on the menu:

Cleveland's Progressive Field featured these "deals" on the menu:

Source: @rpuck

So to review a hot dog will cost you $4. Three hot dogs will cost you $12. Which Progressive field claims will save you $1.50. What? The same mathematical quandary is present if you're the type of monster who goes to a baseball game and orders pizza. And look if this were the end of the story that would be fine. Typos happen. But it's not. The Huffington Post did a little reporting.

We called the Cleveland Indians to check the pricing, and to our dismay, the service representative politely confirmed the "deals," without noticing the blunder.

I'm so proud of my city.

Source: media


View Entire List ›

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment